Abstracts can be submitted from 5 September to 28 November 2018
Download the official abstract template here
To learn how to submit your abstract please watch our 2018 tutorial video, the system remains the same for ECCMID 2019: Please click here!
The text must be formatted in Arial font size 10. ALL CAPS for text (other than abbreviations or acronyms) are not allowed. The abstract text may not be longer than a maximum of 350 words.
Authors may include a maximum of one picture or graph or one table (of up to ten rows x ten columns) per abstract. Words within the table count towards the total maximum of words allowed.
Abstract titles must be submitted according to the scientific rules. This includes any special characters and special words that need to be capitalized or in italics. Abstract titles will be proofread. Titles in ALL CAPS (other than abbreviations or acronyms) are not allowed.
The International System of Units (SI) should be used wherever appropriate. Genus and species names should be written in full on first mention and then abbreviated on subsequent mention.
The following scientific rules apply (examples in brackets):
- Systematic names (genus, family and higher orders): capitalized (Chlamydia, Enterobacteriaceae, Picornaviridae).
- Non-English expressions: non-English expressions in English texts are written in italics, e.g. force majeure, in vitro/in vivo, ad hoc, ex officio
- Taxonomic names: are to be italicized, e.g. Staphylococcus aureus, Clostridium difficile.
- Non-systematic names (e.g. plural): lower case and not italicized (group A streptococci, mycobacteria, chlamydiae).
- Generic drug names: lower case (penicillin).
- Avoid using brand names; if needed: capitalized with trademark symbol (Rocephin®).
- Diseases and viruses: lower case (hepatitis, herpes zoster, herpesvirus, West Nile virus).
- Please observe standard English grammar rules including a space after full stops and commas.
- Only common abbreviations may be used without definition.
The full list of abstract topics may be found here
Please choose the best-fitting abstract topic to ensure a sound and fair review by the most suitable reviewing expert.
Authors are asked to enter three keywords to better define the abstract content.
Submit your abstract
You can save your abstract at any time. Please make sure to have all fields completed before you finally submit your abstract. You will receive a confirmation by email after the submission (please make sure to state your correct email address!). Changes in the abstract title are not possible after submission. Authors and author affiliations can still be changed until late December. Please note that emails regarding the submission will be sent to the submitter. All correspondence regarding acceptance or rejection, including further information on the mode of presentation etc. will be sent to the presenting author.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at eccmidabstracts[at]escmid.org.