Paper poster sessions (PS)
Most of the accepted abstracts are scheduled for paper poster session. The paper posters are displayed in the poster area of the congress and the presentations are split in six sessions with a poster change each day. Each poster session will feature various topics and has a duration of one hour. The poster presenter is requested to be at her/his poster during the presentation time. All paper posters can be submitted also as an ePoster to be shown on all four congress days on all ePoster terminals as well as in ESCMID's eLibrary. Please note: strict adherence to mounting and removal times is required. Posters that are not displayed during the requested time will be marked as no shows and presenters will not receive a certificate. Also the technical requirements for size and layout of the poster have to be fulfilled.
Presenters are requested to stand by their poster during the presentation time allocated to them in the acceptance email.
Poster measurements (landscape presentation):
width 190 cm (74.80 inches)
height 90 cm (35.43 inches)
We suggest you design your poster to contain the following parts:
- Title, author and affiliation
(on the upper edge, across the width of the whole poster)
- Introduction and purpose
- Your Poster Number (right upper corner)
Additional points to consider:
- The title should be emphasised by the use of a bold type face.
This writing should be easily readable at a distance of 2-3 metres.
- The text can be broken up by the inclusion of drawings, charts and photos.
- Please note that you are required to list any disclosures at the end of your poster.
- Poster numbers will be provided and afixed to each poster wall. Your poster number can be found on the congress website www.eccmidlive.org under "Scientific programme" by the end of January 2020. Material to afix the posters will be provided.
- Please strictly adhere to the mounting and removal times. If the poster has not been removed by the end of the allocated removal time, it will be disposed by congress staff.
- An electronic version of your poster can be additionally uploaded for the publication in the ESCMID eLibrary, ePoster station at the congress and on the congress website. Further details will be sent to you by the end of January 2020. Your electronic poster will be available for continuous viewing throughout the entire congress and thereafter.
- The template to create your ePoster for ECCMID 2020 in Paris, is available here.
ECCMID is happy to offer poster presenters the opportunity to use the Call4Posters® poster printing service.
With Call4Posters®, you can have your poster professionally printed, reviewed and shipped directly to the poster exhibition.
Enjoy the convenience of onsite pick-up without the hassle of travelling with your poster.
Certificates of presentation get sent shortly after the congress to the presenting author on file. He/She is responsible to send this certificate to his/her co-authors.
In order to receive the certificate the following points need to be fulfilled:
- The poster was hanging during the allocated presentation time.
- The poster was hanging on the correct board.
- The poster had the right measurements and orientation.
- The presenter was present by the poster during his/her session time.