ECCMID 2021 is the global meeting place for microbiologists, infectious disease specialists and related fields. Because of the diverse, clinically focused educational offering, participants can tailor the curriculum to meet the needs of international clinicians of all levels of experience.
Accreditation Statement and Credit Designation
European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (UEMS/EACCME)
Accreditation by the EACCME® confers the right to place the following statement in all communication materials including the event website, the event programme and the certificate of attendance. The following statements must be used without revision:
»The 31st European Congress of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases, ONLINE, Switzerland, 09/07/2021-12/07/2021 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 32 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.«
»Through an agreement between the Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME® credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Information on the process to convert EACCME® credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org.«
»Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognised by the UEMS-EACCME® for ECMEC®s are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.«
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
|Friday: July 9, 2021||8|
|Saturday: July 10, 2021||8|
|Sunday: July 11, 2021||8|
|Monday: July 12, 2021||8|
The EACCME® awards ECMEC®s on the basis of 1 ECMEC® for one hour of CME with a maximum of 8 ECMEC®s per day. Cf. Chapter X of UEMS 2016.20.
Disclosure and Resolution of Personal Conflicts of Interest
In accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigour, those in control of the educational content must disclose potential or actual conflicts of interest. Disclosure information is evaluated and conflicts of interest resolved. Disclosure is made to participants prior to the activity. Participants will be asked on the evaluation to assess the objectivity and independence of the event.
To Receive Your CME/CPD Certificate
1. Attend Sessions online
- Live or recorded
2. Fill out the following evaluation forms by 18 October, 2021. (It is required to fill out both forms in order to receive your CME certificate).
- The General Survey, which collects feedback about your ECCMID experience as a whole.
- The CME Attendance Reporting form, which allows you to rate the individual sessions that you have attended, either live or on-demand, in order to determine your final number of awarded CME points.
3. Receive your certificates by email, 3 months after the congress via email (by the end of October 2021)
- Certificates will only be granted if the form is filled out with the same email as the registration.
- All CME Certificates will be send by email by the end of October 2021.
Information on other certifications can be found here.